Organic fertilizers for olive trees. Advantages versus manure and conventional fertilizers
The organic fertilizers for olive trees are an essential element for the soil health of these crops. The advantages of an organic bottom fertilizer, used in the first cycles, versus manure or conventional fertilizers, are not only observed in the most immediate campaign, but also in the plant health and the quality of the long-term production.
Although nutrients are naturally found in the substrate, they are not replenished fast enough to maintain soil fertility. Hence, it is necessary to make additional contributions. But which fertilizer to use?
Before choosing one or the other to include in the subscriber plan it is advisable to carry out a soil and leaf analysis to know the exact needs of each crop. Some parameters such as soil characteristics and composition, type of plant, age, agricultural practices, water status or planting density should be taken into account.
Organic fertilizers for olive trees vs. dung
– The dung contains high humidity and is not stable. Thus, in contrast to the dung variability, the complete organic fertilizers guarantee the fertilizer units (N, F, K).
– Dung can contain seeds of weeds or pathogens that can be transferred to the crop.
– If some dungs rich in macronutrients such as nitrogen are not mixed with other poorer or plant remains, they tend to be imbalanced despite composting.
– In organic farming, many dungs are not allowed: Those from intensive farms may be contaminated with residues of pesticides, antibiotics or heavy metals.
Organic fertilizers for olive trees vs. conventional fertilizers
– Conventional mineral fertilizer gives the plant nutrients available immediately, but it is easier to apply in excess or deficiency. It does not amend the soil, simply feeds the vegetable.
– The organic fertilizer is less aggressive to the soil. Conventional can salinize the substrate. It can increase toxic salts if applied in large quantities.
– With the use of chemical fertilizers there is a risk of contamination of the underground and surrounding water.
– The application of synthetic fertilizers can also lead to degradation of soil life by eliminating microorganisms useful for plant nutrition.
– Applying organic fertilizers allows the action of the soil microorganisms to degrade the fertilizer to form water soluble compounds, which the plant takes advantage of.
– Organic fertilization also favors the proliferation of bacteria and fungi that benefit the soil and help the best use of nutrients by the plant.
– In short, they improve the structure of the substrate, allow carbon fixation and favor the ability of the crop to retain nutrients and water.
Organic fertilizers of reference for olive trees
For the basal dressing, one of the best options is the complete fertilizer with Organitro.
The high organic matter content of this fertilizer substantially improves the physical, chemical and biological properties of the soil.
It is easy to handle in the application thanks to the pelletizing. It is distributed with great uniformity in the soil, allowing an immediate availability when disintegrating in only five minutes in the presence of water and dissolving completely in no more than four hours. It achieves a maximum valuation of the supplied fertilizer units.
It has a dual nutritional effect: the combination of fast-release nutrients and elements that ensure fertility in the medium term after undergoing mineralization processes. It allows the formation of organo-metallic complexes. Thus, it stabilizes micronutrients of the soil that would otherwise not be usable.
Organitro increases the cation exchange capacity and acts as a buffering agent by reducing the tendency to a sudden change in soil pH when acid or alkaline reaction substances are applied.
To have an oxygenated soil, with good structure and balanced in its nutrients is the ideal thing so that the farmer can obtain good yields, and references like this are basic.
Organic solid and liquid fertilizers
In addition to Organitro, belonging to the Seivital line (solid organic), SEIPASA offers another type of 100% organic fertilizers, guaranteed with the corresponding ecological certificate, and ideal for integrated production.
The liquid organic fertilizers of the line Multisei are also placed as regenerative models of soils for their ability to balance the nutrient substrate, improving its structure, its composition and microbial activity.
They promote the formation of aggregates in the soil that improve the friability of the land facilitating agricultural work and avoiding flooding and root suffocation.
They incorporate in their formulation raw materials of vegetal origin with a high degree of refinement that avoid problems of precipitates and seals in systems of drip irrigation.
The Terrasei line is the answer of SEIPASA to the nutritional needs of crops in different phenological states, since it combines mineral nutrition and the energy and soil structure of organic fertilization.
Organic fertilizers company
SEIPASA is a leader company in R+D+i research, both in phytosanitary products and in organic fertilization, making organic fertilizers available to farmers to improve the yield of olive and other crops.